Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cross-Fit

Some of my co-teachers have been trying to get me to do cross-fit for months! I finally broke down and started it on Monday.... I haven't walked normal since then! Ha! I love it though! Don't get me wrong, it SUCKS getting up at 5 am to go work out but after I am done I feel great! I love feeling the accomplishment of finishing a workout.. and also waking up that early! I know this isn't "Brandi's Fitness Blog" but I am going to sort of start making this my journal to tell about my experience.
This week we have done A LOT of push-ups, pull-ups (which I have never done before and they hurt), squats, and rowing! I look forward to going everyday because it is always something new! The coaches are awesome and really give you good feedback! It's nice not to be in a crowded gym where everyone can't stop looking at themselves in the mirror!! I had all my measurements and weigh-ins done... kind of opens your eyes when it is all written down on paper, but it is sure a motivator! It also doesn't hurt to have other people there with rockin bod's that give you that extra boost! :)
So as of now, well technically Monday, I am not eating sugar.... so don't tempt me!! And I am only eating very little carbs with lots of lean meat, fruits, and veggies! Wish me luck! :)

1 comment:

D Bulloch said...

I heard that cross fit was hard but you'll be amazed at how you lose weight by not eating sugar and not that many carbs... I did it and lost some weight it's great... good luck to ya