Saturday, August 15, 2009

*Washington DC

On my mom's last few days here and my last few days living here we decided to tour DC. Annie came along with us and we had lots of fun!! On the first day we got on the metro and went downtown. This is us waiting for the train









The first stop we made was to the White House. It was so cool and I thought the flowers and everything around it was really pretty.


The First Lady's garden





Me kissin the Washington Monument :)


View of the Lincoln monument and WWII memorial

Me and Annie







Lincoln
I have always wanted to see this. It was one of my favorite things


Me and my mom by the Koren War monument
The Capitol
We sat on a park bench by the Capitol for a while and talked and I was surprised how active it was around there. There was a ton of people jogging, playing baseball and doing other active things right there on a huge lawn downtown. It's crazy how this kind of scenery is normal to them!
Smithsonian

Our second day downtown we went to the Holocaust museum. It was awesome but really sad. It's hard to believe stuff like that really happened.Our last stop for the day was Arlington Cemetery. My mom went on the church history tour a long time ago so she has been to all of this stuff but can't really remember so it was fun to go and refresh her memory:)
JFK's grave
It was so fun having my mom come here and visit and see where we live. We had such a great time and saw a lot of neat things! Our adventure is not over yet though... we flew out the next day to my sister's house and I said goodbye to Virginia/Washington DC forever! We will be in Champaign for the next week and a half spending time with Laci, Nate and Bladen and then they will leave for Cancun and I get to babysit! More to come later:)

1 comment:

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Looks like your visit with your Mom was a success! I miss you girls already!